I suggest you ...

create a command line interface for compiling CFML code

when implememnting a new application on Railo it would be good to have a command line tool that allows us to take advabtage of the compilation features within Railo so we can pre-compile the applications.

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marknmarkn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruce KirkpatrickBruce Kirkpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it would be more useful feature if you could run an individual CFM/CFC via command line much like PHP can do since that will let you achieve anything that CFADMIN can do and not just compiling of code. I actually use PHP for cron jobs because of this. Also, what is preventing you from using wget or curl to call a CFM script that uses <cfadmin action="createarchive"> and <cfadmin action="updateMapping"> this is what I'm going to do. Also the .ra or .ras file is actually a zip file. You can write a script to extract the classes from the zip file if you don't actually want them in a mapping. I don't think there is anything stopping people from automating compilation/deployment steps. It is just a matter of what language you have to use to do it perhaps.

• Daniel RosewarneDaniel Rosewarne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're looking for the same as Gary; a way to create a railo archive automatically using ANT for our core CFCs ready to be deployed.

• marknmarkn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any news on whether this is going to happen? and if not any pointers on how I could implement this myself using Railo?

• marknmarkn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should have command line options to determine what output we have whether that be an archive or a duplicated directory structure of classes that can be placed either directly into CFCLASSES or into the railo "web" directory as classes named as the .cfm files they originally were

• Gary RatcliffeGary Ratcliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to invoke the tool from ANT or by writing a Maven plugin. This would then allow application build processes to generate the final deliverable files without a manual step.

Feedback and Knowledge Base